- Very proud – the short story version of Early Days has been highly commended in the short story category in Carers UK’s Creative Writing and Photography Competition 2017 – October 2017.
- Thoroughly enjoyed being the Guest Speaker at the Bath Writing Event, What Does an Editor Do? – July 2017.
- Great fun reading Early Days in the Rattle Tales readings on June 15th – June 2017.
- Hugely enjoyed the London Launch of The Wrong Story at Burley Fisher Books – June 2017.
- I am stunned and very happy that my radio drama script, Early Days, was long listed by the BBC Writer’s room. That put me in the top 4% of almost 4000 submissions. Peel me off the ceiling – April 2017.
- I launched The Wrong Story at Topping Books in Bath on April 6th – April 2017.
- The Wrong Story was published on Friday, March 17 in Kindle and
paperback form. Available at all reputable (and a few disreputable) bookshops and Amazon – March 2017.
- I thoroughly enjoyed speaking at @Writing
Events this month. Writing Events is a great programme and I hope to do more – February 2017.
- I joined fiction writers Bette Adriaanse and James Benmore at the wonderful Burley Fisher Bookshop on Kingsland Road in London to talk about our novels – October 2016.
- What goes around comes around! I was pleased to return to Oxford and join fellow alumni and authors Kiran Millwood Hargrave, Bette Adriaanse and Chrissy Lee Jing-Jing for an evening of readings to the second-year MSt students, and to see the awarding of the FH Pasby prize – October 2016.
- Uncharted territory. I have submitted my novel The Wrong Story to the Unbound editors and begun work on Novel Two – July 2016.
- My short stories, The Therapist and The Fire Diver’s Assistant were published in the Rattle Tales 4 anthology – June 2016.
- Great news! The Wrong Story is now 100% funded. In fact, it’s 103% funded – May 2016.
- I am pleased to be the featured article on crowdfunding in this month’s Writers Reign magazine – April 2016.
- My short story, The Therapist, was published in the Carers UK anthology: ‘No One Should Have To Care Alone’ – March 2016.
- My short story, The Fire Diver’s Assistant was published by the London Journal of Fiction – March 2016.
- Unbound Books have accepted my novel, The Wrong Story, for publication, subject to crowdfunding – February 2016.
- I am reading at The Brunswick in Brighton on February 11th, 2016. Come, watch, listen and rattle.
- My novel, The Wrong Story, was featured on Hookline Books ‘Discover New Writers’ page – January 2016.
- The still-wonderful Pygmy Giant published my story, A Rare Bird – December 2015.
- My short story, The Therapist, won third place in the 2015 Carers UK creative writing competition – November 2015.
- I presented my paper on Muriel Spark and Flann O’Brien titled: Parallel Explorations of the Boundaries between Fiction and Real-life, at the International Flann O’Brien Society’s academic conference in Prague – September 2015.
- The wonderful Pygmy Giant published my story, The Therapist – September 2015.
- I am reading at the 2015 Brighton Fringe Festival for Rattle Tales – May 2015.
- I finally got my hands on my Master of Studies (passed with distinction) from Oxford University at the Sheldonian Theatre. The place was alive with Proctors and supplicants and Venerable Masters. Do fidem, I say – 7 March, 2015.